Foreclosed Wellington house catches fire

Posted by Rachel Leigh - email

WELLINGTON, FL (WFLX) -  An investigation is underway following an early morning house fire at a home going through foreclosure. The power had been shut off.

The house at 13818 Staimford Drive in Wellington caught fire around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. It is located in the Greenview Shores community.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office tells us the home was fully engulfed in flames.

No one was home at the time, and no injuries are being reported. There is no electricity in the house; instead, candles were being used in the home.

PBSO also tells Fox 29 there were called to the home around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday morning for a disturbance. Investigators are on scene.