By Chuck Weber email
WEST OF BOCA RATON, FL (WFLX)-Detectives resumed questioning the West Boca mother in charge of a sleep over that turned deadly. But mysteries remain surrounding the apparent carbon monoxide poisonings of 11-year olds Kaitlyn Brondolo and Amber Wilson.
Kaitlyn and Amber, described as best friends and straight-A students, were spending the night at Amber's home in the Logger's Run development. In the morning, 911 operators received some sort of aborted call from the house. Rescue crews arrived, finding the girls dead and high levels of carbon monoxide in the home.
Amber's mother, Loretta Wilson, suffering from exposure to the fumes, went to the hospital. Before being transported, Wilson told investigators she had pulled her SUV into the garage, closed the door, but could not turn off the vehicle. Wilson said she'd had trouble with the SUV since being in an accident.
However when investigators inspected the home, they found the SUV was not running, it still had a half tank of gas, and the keys were in the kitchen.