Rent, mortgage payment help

Posted by Rachel Leigh - email

(WFLX) - Need some extra cash to help pay your rent or mortgage? Help is on the way! Right now, eligible local families can begin applying for help from the Department of Children and Family Services.
Residents could get up to $400 in state assistance if you have a child living in your home under the age of 18.

Your rent or mortgage must also be overdue.

Also, families who are homeless, being evicted, or have lost their homes due to fire or weather damage - can get assistance to help pay for a new security deposit. 

To submit an application for help, click here.