Local woman calls 9-1-1 just before perishing in a house fire - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, FL-news & weather

Local woman calls 9-1-1 just before perishing in a house fire

PALM BEACH COUNTY (WFLX)--A woman dies after being trapped inside her home near Palm Springs.

We have obtained the 9-1-1 call for help. Here's a transcript from part of the call:

Caller:

We have a fire!

Dispatch:

Is it the house that's on fire?

Caller:

The television blew up.

Dispatch:

Get everybody out of the house...we'll be right there.

Caller:

I can't put the fire out.

Dispatch:

The fire is out?

Ma'am...

Ma'am....ma'am...are you still there?

Those were the last words of 63-year-old Pamela Dassdorf. Authorities say her analog TV malfunctioned and caught the home where she was living on fire. Investigators say when they arrived the house was engulfed in flames. Dassdorf was found in the bathroom. Officials believe she died of smoke inhalation.

"She was a nice person and I'm sorry this had to happen," said her roomate and friend Palm Beach County Deputy Edward J. Manak who has known Dassdorf for more than 30 years.

Officials are calling this fire accidental, but are still working to determine just how it began.

Authorities and fire officials continue their investigation.

Powered by Frankly

1100 Banyan Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.