RIVIERA BEACH, FL (WFLX)-- The Palm Beach Princess's morning and evening cruises were cancelled Tuesday.
Talks were held between the operators of the Palm Beach Princess, the Port of Palm beach, and the Coast Guard to resume operations and so far no decision has been made leaving the gambling ship's future uncertain.
The U.S. Coast Guard revoked the ship's certificate of compliance because it was supposed to have a back-up plan by Tuesday on a broken main engine.
The Princess had been given permission to operate temporarily with two smaller propulsion engines.
Adding to the problems, the Port of Palm Beach says the gambling ship has not made 2 monthly rent payments totaling $80,000.
The Princess also owes an additional $100,000 in other fees.
We also learned a charter bus company that works with the Palm Beach Princess claims they are owed thousands of dollars.
Meanwhile, the Coast Guard is simply concerned about the long-term viability of the ship.
"The main engine is un-repairable. It would need replacement. It's still running with two auxiliary engines and the Coast Guard has ordered 2 tug boats available to make sure the vessel goes safely in and out of port," said Lieutenant Rodney Wert.