Hobe Sound man's iPod catches on fire

Posted by Sheli Muniz - email

HOBE SOUND (WFLX) - A Hobe Sound man's iPod goes up in smoke, and he is warning you about the danger.

Hobe Sound resident Jahn Hepp says his iPod Touch was charging on his computer when it caught fire after getting too hot.

Hepp called Apple who told him to take it to a local Apple store. He did Monday, and Apple replaced his iPod.

He now wants to warn everyone, that even though it might be rare; however, it can happen. "If I would have left the room, or fell asleep I would have been woken up by smoke alarm and my house would have been in flames," said Hepp.

We contacted Apple Monday afternoon, and they gave us this statement: "iPods are incredibly well designed, and safety is the highest priority for Apple."

Apple could not tell us how often this occurs. For iPod repair help click here or Apple Support.

Copyright 2010 WFLX. All Rights Reserved.