Birthday candles start Lake Worth apartment fire - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, FL-news & weather

Birthday candles start Lake Worth apartment fire

LAKE WORTH, FL (WFLX) - A birthday candle started an apartment fire in Lake Worth about 7:45 Tuesday morning.

Residents woke up to thick, choking smoke at the building in the 300 block of South D Street.

Responding firefighters went door-to-door to make sure everyone inside was evacuated.

There were no serious injuries but the fire badly damaged three units.

The unit where the fire began is now unlivable.

The resident living there admitted that she had lit a candle for her birthday which started the fire.

Copyright 2011 WFLX. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly

1100 Banyan Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.