Carla Spencer-2nd Grade Teacher: "I would like to nominate Freedom Shores Elementary School as one of Palm Beach County Coolest Schools. I have been teaching at Freedom Shores since the first openingMore >>
"I would like to nominate Hidden Oaks Middle School located in Palm City Florida as one of the local viewing areas "best" schools. "Hidden Oaks Middle School has been an A rated school every year since Florida began the school grading system.More >>
Letter received from David M Dean:
"I would like to nominate Hidden Oaks Middle School located in Palm City Florida as one of the local viewing areas "best" schools.
"Hidden Oaks Middle School has been an A rated school every year since Florida began the school grading system.
"Hidden Oaks Middle School is considered to be one of the top ten Middle schools in Florida."
In 2010]2011 the Martin County School District is proud to have:
· Earned an "A" grade from the Florida Department of Education for the 10th consecutive year.
· Exceeded the state's average scores in all FCAT subjects and grade levels tested.
· Ranked #1 in the state for middle school FCAT writing scores.
· Ranked 3rd highest in the state for the total number of FCAT points earned.
· Earned the 3rd highest graduation rate in the state (2010). At 94.3%, the graduation rate is also an all]time high for the District.
· Earned the prestigious designation as an Academically High Performing School District for the 5th
· Earned the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for FY 2010 from the
Government Finance Officers Association for the 5th year in a row.
· 2010 SAT scores above state and national averages.
· 2010 ACT scores above state and national averages.
· Been designated in compliance with the state's Class Size Reduction requirements.
· Held the District's first Career & Technical Education (CTE) Showcase to highlight the many CTE
programs and their rigorous curriculum, industry certifications and valuable business partnerships.
· Created a Budget Committee in October 2010 to increase community participation and
understanding of the budget process. Proposed 2011]12 Budget continues to prioritize student
programs and personnel.
· Reached a new CTE articulation agreement with the highly]respected Universal Technical Institute
(UTI), which allows students continuing their education at UTI to receive college credit for courses
completed in high school.
· Hosted a free community event, NOPE for Parents, to provide resources and information regarding
youth substance abuse education and prevention.
· Launched a new District website, as well as new school websites, that provide easier to use, more
consistent formats for parents and community members looking to access information.
· Eight Martin County schools named "Model Schools" for Positive Behavior Intervention Support.
· 19 Martin County Schools earn Golden School Awards and 3 schools earn Silver School Awards by
the Florida Department of Education. In addition, 12 schools have been nominated as 5]Star
Schools. These awards recognize outstanding school volunteer programs.
Celebrating 10 Years of District Straight A's!
The Martin County School District is an Equal Opportunity Agency.