4 tablespoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil (optional)
1 bunch of scallions (chopped)
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 lb. of chicken cut into bite size pieces
4 cups cooked rice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1. Whisk the eggs together with a pinch of salt and some ground pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large frying pan.
2. Pour the eggs into the hot oil and fry without stirring (like a pancake, 1 -2 minutes. Turn egg pancake over and finish cooking. When cooked through, remove to a plate, coarsely chop, and reserve.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and garlic paste.
4. Pour oil in pan or wok and let it heat thoroughly before adding the chicken (should sizzle when added) and sauté for a couple of minutes, until heated through.
5. Add the white parts of the scallion, ginger, and red pepper. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes
6. Add the rice, green parts of the scallion, and the soy sauce. Cook; stirring constantly; until well heated.