16 oz spaghetti noodles – cooked al dente and drained (toss with a little oil to prevent sticking)
1 pound of beef or chicken, sliced 1/8-1/4 inches thick
1 large red onion cut in 1/4inch wedges
2 tomatoes cut in 1/4inch wedges
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
4 green onions – cut in quarter inch pieces
Oil for stir-frying
1 teaspoon of finely chopped ginger – optional
1 teaspoon garlic puree
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large frying pan or wok, add the oil stir-fry and heat over medium high heat.
2. Add the meat or chicken and cook at for about 2 minutes until browned.
3. Add the onion wedges and cook until almost transparent.
4. Add tomato wedges and cook until soft, then continue stirring constantly another minute.
5. Add the garlic, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger – stir fry together with all ingredients 1 minute.
6. Add the noodles and chopped chives, and mix everything together well, stir fry 1 or 2 minutes more.
7. Serve on large plates, garnish with a bit of cilantro or chopped chive.
Yield 4 servings.