Girl dies while playing mini golf - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, FL-news & weather

Girl dies while playing mini golf

KISSIMMEE, FL (WFLX) - A medical examiner has ruled that an 11-year-old girl, who died while playing miniature golf in Kissimmee, was electrocuted.

Ashton JoJo was on vacation with her family from New York. The girl was trying to get her ball out of a pond at the Orange Lake Resort.

Another tourist heard the girl scream and tried to help, but she was injured himself. "At first, she was trying to talk to her, and then she didn't make any sound at all," said a spectator. "It's hard to think that sort of thing can happen at a beautiful resort. It's just so tragic."

Authorities are still not sure how the water became electrified. The golf course is closed until further notice.

Copyright 2012 WFLX. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly

1100 Banyan Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.