WEST PALM BEACH, FL (WFLX) - One man was injured in an apparent natural gas explosion Tuesday morning in West Palm Beach.
The man was investigating a gas smell near an garage apartment he owned at 410 59th Street.
He decided to grab a smoke and when he lit a cigarette the explosion happened, a West Palm Beach Fire spokesman said.
The incident happened at 10:40 a.m.
The victim is in his 50s and was transported to St. Mary's Medical Center with severe burns.
No other structure was damaged.
Fire investigators say this was likely the result of a natural gas explosion.