Bug eating contestant choked to death - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, Florida-

Bug eating contestant choked to death

Posted:

WEST PALM BEACH, FL (WFLX) - A West Palm Beach man, who died after winning a bug and worm eating contest, choked to death on insect parts. That's according to the Broward County Medical Examiner's Office.

Thirty-two-year-old Edward Archbold collapsed outside a Deerfield Beach reptile shop in October.

The autopsy's toxicology tests didn't reveal any lethal substances in Archbold's system. The medical examiner says the insects obstructed his airways causing him to suffocate.

Copyright 2012 WFLX. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1100 Banyan Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

FCC Public File
publicfile@wflx.com
561-282-5043
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WFLX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.