BOCA RATON, FL )WFLX)-- Three construction workers were injured Tuesday when a deck they were working on collapsed, according to Boca Raton Fire Rescue. Officials said the workers were at the constructionMore >>
Three construction workers were injured Tuesday when a deck they were working on collapsed in Boca RatonMore >>
WEST PALM BEACH, FL (WFLX)-- One of the parents accused of battery on a Palm Beach County School bus driver was released from jail Monday. Shacaurra Burns insists she did not punch the driver last Monday. "IMore >>
One of the parents accused of battery on a Palm Beach County School bus driver speaks out.More >>
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (WFLX) - Area churches are preparing for Easter services, but one local church will be hosting service in an unlikely place. Now, at the Boynton Beach mall, there's a new church whereMore >>
Area churches are preparing for Easter services, but one local church will be hosting service in an unlikely place.More >>
WEST PALM BEACH, FL (WFLX) - Deputies from Palm Beach Sheriff's Office took over a drug suspect's West Palm Beach home and then posed as dealers, netting at least 10 arrests on heroin charges. The PalmMore >>
Deputies from Palm Beach Sheriff's Office took over a drug suspect's West Palm Beach home and then posed as dealers, netting at least 10 arrests on heroin charges.
The Saginaw County Department of Public Health is urging residents to follow recommended clean-up procedures for homes that have water damage following recent flooding in the area.
The department said all flood waters should be considered contaminated and extreme caution should be considered during clean-up.
If you have a private water well that was affected by flood waters, you should have your well water tested before drinking or bathing. Such testing can be done via the Health Dept. Laboratory if residents provide collections bottles for sampling. They can be reached by calling 989-758-3825.
Electrical hazards can be present if the home or basement flooded or if the water recently receded. Officials recommend waiting until all the water has receded before attempting any restoration work, and turn off the circuit breakers on any electrical outlets that may have been flooded.
Another recommendation is to wear disposable gloves during clean-up, and wear old shoes or rubber boots.
A big risk to flooded homes is mold, which can cause serious health problems. Residents are urged to remove any standing water and dry indoor areas. Throw away anything that cannot be thoroughly dried. Moveable items should be put outside to dry, as exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays will naturally disinfect the surfaces.
Walls and floors should be washed with soap and warm water and disinfected by using an antibacterial disinfectant.
Officials say electrical appliances, upholstered furniture, carpeting and non-canned foodstuffs that were flooded are not salvageable and must be thrown away.