Friday, December 13 2013 2:28 PM EST2013-12-13 19:28:11 GMT
A three-year-old girl is in critical condition following a procedure at a local dentist in Kailua, Oahu. The mother of Finley Boyle told friends she took her daughter to Island Dentistry for ChildrenMore >>
A three-year-old girl is in critical condition following a procedure at a local dentist in Kailua, Oahu.More >>
BOCA RATON, FL (WFLX)-- The City of Boca Raton is opening their recently-approved "dog beach" on Friday. The stretch of sand where dogs can roam will be at the North end of Spanish River Park betweenMore >>
The City of Boca Raton is opening their recently-approved "dog beach" on FridayMore >>
By Jeff Skrzypek WEST PALM BEACH, FL (WFLX) - The search is on for the person wildlife rangers said,slashed and ripped open the pouches of several Brown Pelicans in South Florida. The Florida Keys WildlifeMore >>
The search is on for the person wildlife rangers said,slashed and ripped open the pouches of several Brown Pelicans in South Florida.More >>
By Dan Corcoran WELLINGTON, FL (WFLX) - A Wellington boy's heroic action gives a little girl the biggest gift of all - a second chance at life. Florida loses more children under the age of five to drowningMore >>
Two-year-old Scarlett was in a friend's pool when she slipped off a shallow water ledge and into deeper water. She quickly began sinking to the bottom. That's when 6-year-old Palmer jumped in to pull her from the bottom.More >>
BOCA RATON, FL (WFLX) - Traffic was slowed Friday morning on Interstate 95 South near Yamato Road after a semi hauling food caught fire. The wreck occurred around 3:16 a.m. Several lanes were blockedMore >>
Traffic was slowed Friday morning on Interstate 95 South near Yamato Road after a semi hauling food caught fire.More >>
SAN ANTONIO, TX (WFLX) - Call it a Grande surprise! A customer at a popular coffee house came face to face with a snake hanging out in the bathroom.
Now, he's speaking out about the "creepy encounter". "Not something I expect at Starbucks," said Bruce Ahlswede.
This Starbucks custom isn't a snake lover, so you can imagine his shock when he spotted one slithering around on his trip to the bathroom. "I looked down, and looked at the toilet, and I see this snake laying across the toilet."
He thought it was a fake, but when it moved, he knew it was the real deal and alerted employees. "I said, 'Hey, you know, you've got a snake in your bathroom?' And she's kind of freaking out, so we went back in and watched it as it slithered back and around down underneath the rim of the bowl and right inside."
His wife snapped a picture before it disappeared. She posted it to Facebook and got all kinds of responses. "A lot of people were really freaked out, and, some said, 'Thanks a lot. They were over their phobia of this ever happening.'"
Experts tell us it's most likely a Texas rat snake. They aren't poisonous and sometimes find their way into toilets and other plumbing.
Starbucks says the safety of their customers is a top priority. They had the property inspected and found no other safety concerns. "Yeah, I'm going to take a closer look definitely lift the seat and be a little more careful because you never know."
Despite the creepy encounter, Bruce and his wife say they'll remain Starbucks customers.
Copyright 2013 WFLX. All Rights Reserved.
Wacky News with Rachel Leigh
Internet Content Director Rachel Leigh comes across a lot of wacky news. Sign up and start laughing!