Fire displaces Boca Raton family - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, Florida-

Fire displaces Boca Raton family

Posted:

SUBURBAN BOCA RATON, FL (WFLX) - A Boca Raton family and a pet cat were evacuated Wednesday evening after fire broke out in the chimney around 8 p.m.

The fire spread from the chimney to the attic, causing about $150,000 in damage to the home at 21238 Stonewood Drive, said Jody Marlow, spokesman for Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.

The family will be staying at a hotel until power and electricity are restored to the residence.

Copyright 2014 WFLX. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1100 Banyan Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

FCC Public File
publicfile@wflx.com
561-845-2929
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WFLX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.