Fire displaces Boca Raton family

SUBURBAN BOCA RATON, FL (WFLX) - A Boca Raton family and a pet cat were evacuated Wednesday evening after fire broke out in the chimney around 8 p.m.

The fire spread from the chimney to the attic, causing about $150,000 in damage to the home at 21238 Stonewood Drive, said Jody Marlow, spokesman for Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.

The family will be staying at a hotel until power and electricity are restored to the residence.

Copyright 2014 WFLX. All Rights Reserved.