In this week's exclusive Restaurant Report Card by consumer reporter, Adam Murphy, CBS46 looks back at some of your favorite eating establishments with failing health scores to see if they have cleaned up their act.
Spice Restaurant at 10800 Haynes Bridge Road in Alpharetta, GA, failed a surprise inspection with 65 points and a "U" for unsatisfactory.
The owner told us it was a bad day and that they've cleaned up their act. He took us into the kitchen to prove it.
"It's safe, our chef is here as well," said Spice owner Brian Roberts.
It was one of the cleanest kitchen's we've seen, plus food was stored at the right temperature.
Did Fulton County agree? We checked. Spice was re-inspected and scored a perfect 100.
"We eat here every day," said Roberts. "My children eat here every day, my friends and family eat here as well so I'm proud of our kitchen, I'm proud of our staff and I'm proud of our cleanliness," he added.
In Gwinnett County, The Philly Connection at 2228 East Main Street in Snellville, GA, failed a surprise inspection, scoring 61 points and a "U" for unsatisfactory.
Asked if there was a certified food safety manager on site as required by law, manager Dennis Cordero said no. When asked why not, since it is a requirement, he told us, "Yeah he's on his way here now."
Management had also posted the wrong inspection, misleading customers. They told us every employee will now undergo training.
Dennis Cordero, the manager, was asked if everything was straight now. "Yeah, everything is perfect so we're just waiting on the lady to come and give us a better grade," said Cordero.
We double checked, and they did get a "B" on re-inspection.
Finally, we told you about an unusual problem at Coldbrew's Sports Bar & Grill at 880 Holcomb Bridge Road in Roswell, GA. They had scored 40 points and a "U" for unsatisfactory four months ago, but the health department had failed to post two follow-up "A" inspection scores online, misleading the public.
"We have no insects, we have no varmints, we have nothing like that," said manager Smokie Paris.
The Fulton County Health Department blamed the mistake on a computer glitch. We checked, and the county has now fixed that mistake on their website, showing the restaurant with the correct score of "A."
"I'm grateful, " Paris said.
Copyright 2014 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.