Register to win a "View to a Thrill" package which includes two tickets to the IHRA Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series at Palm Beach International Raceway plus the opportunity to stand on the starting line as two Nitro powered vehicles launch Saturday, May 3.
Register now by completing the form to your right.
About IHRA Nitro Jam Drag Racing
The International Hot Rod Association™ announced that the IHRA Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series™ will feature a number of enhancements for the 2014 racing season including an exciting 12-race series schedule, the addition of a national points fund, the return of traditional drag racing, a new Fan Zone pit experience and more all to be implemented for the 2014 North American Tour.
The expanded schedule, which will return each event to the designation of Nationals, will include the Palm Beach Nationals at Palm Beach International Raceway, May 2-3, 2014.
All events in 2014 will feature four core classes of competition – Nitro Funny Car, Nitro Harley, Nitro Altered and Jet Dragster, plus additional sportsman classes at each event. The series will also include an expanded Fan Zone pit experience for fans including interactive exhibits, driver Q&A's, racing simulators and the addition of the world famous "Hollywood Cars of the Stars" collection from Miami's Auto Museum at the Dezer Collection that will travel the IHRA circuit throughout the year.
Among the many changes for the 2014 racing season will be a return to a traditional drag racing format featuring qualifying and eliminations for professional classes. The professional classes of Nitro Funny Car and Nitro Harley will feature a championship points fund and all classes will enjoy an increased purse in 2014. The classes will have two qualifying sessions on the first day of competition followed by three rounds of eliminations on the second day.
IHRA will showcase Nitro Funny Car as one of its four premier professional classes in 2014 and will feature a purse of $50,000 per event plus a year-end championship points fund of more than $100,000. The champion will receive $50,000, while the runner-up will receive $25,000. The class will feature an invitation-only, 10-car field with the top eight qualified drivers competing in traditional eliminations.
Also new in 2014, the Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series events will feature a four-car field of Jet Dragsters competing in elimination-style competition for the IHRA jet championship. Each event on the tour will feature the "Fastest Girls in Racing" as the Larsen Motorsports jet team will join the IHRA exclusively for the 2014 season. The four-car team, made up of female racers Elaine Larsen, Marisha Falk, Dawn Perdue and Kat Moller, will showcase themed dragsters and incredible 300 mph jet-powered competition.
Nitro Harley will also be showcased next season with an $18,000 purse per event, plus a championship points fund worth more than $60,000, with $25,000 going to the year-end champion. Nitro Altered will retain its Chicago-style eliminations format in 2014 as these wild machines return to their role as a feature class.
Larsen Motorsports will also be hosting the newly expanded Fan Zone pit experience that will feature driver and fan interaction, activities for fans and one of the most exciting additions ever to the series – the world-famous "Hollywood Cars of the Stars" from Miami's Auto Museum at the Dezer Collection.
At all IHRA events in 2014, the Dezer Collection on Tour will hit the road with the "Hollywood Cars of the Stars" featuring some of the most incredible cars in the world including vehicles from such hit shows and movies as Dukes of Hazzard, Beverly Hillbillies, Grease, Ghostbusters, Harry Potter, The Munsters, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Back to the Future, James Bond, Batman and more. Each event will showcase different cars from the collection.
Fans can see all of these famous Hollywood cars during the prerace Fan Zone activities before the start of Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series action each night.
In addition to its professional lineup, IHRA will retain its status as the home for sportsman racing with sportsman racing to be included at every Nitro Jam event in 2014.
In addition to all of the exciting professional racing action taking place at Palm Beach International Raceway, the 2014 IHRA Nitro Jam Palm Beach Nationals will also feature a full weekend of racing starring south Florida's top ET bracket racers. This is an exciting opportunity for Palm Beach bracket racers to be featured on the big stage in front of one of the largest crowds on the entire IHRA Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series North American Tour.
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
View to a Thrill
Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WFLX LLC, 1100 Banyan Blvd. West Palm Beach, FL 33401 & Palm Beach International Raceway. The promotion begins at 4/11/14 at 3 pm and ends at 5/2/14 at 9 a.m. Entries must be received by 5/2/14 at 9 a.m. EST. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
1. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Florida who live in PALM BEACH, MARTIN, ST. LUCIE, INDIAN RIVER, OKEECHOBEE, BROWARD, MIAMI-DADE OR MONROE COUNTIES, Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., Fox 29 WFLX TV, Retirement Systems of Alabama, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
2. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion, beginning 4/11/14 and ending 5/2/14, Click on wflx.com under contest and fill out the registration form. On or about 4/11/14, one entrant will be randomly selected to receive two passes to IHRA Nitro Jam Palm Beach Nationals. This prize is valued at $60. All entries become the property of sponsor(s), and sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
3. Grand Prize. A total of one winner [must be 18 years of age or older] will receive two passes to the IHRA Nitro Jam Palm Beach Nationals. By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that Fox 29 WFLX-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that Fox 29 WFLX-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. Fox 29 WFLX-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
5. How the Prize is Awarded. Winners are randomly selected from all qualified entries on or about Friday, May 2. Winners are not eligible of redeeming prize if they have won a Fox 29 contest in the past 30 days. One winner per household. Winner must come to Fox 29 to redeem passes.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Valid driver's license, proof of social security number and valid age as required by law is required to claim the prize. The winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility before delivery of prize, or the prize will be forfeited. Winner must take possession of their prize within 30 days of winning, or prize will be forfeited. All federal, state and local income taxes are sole responsibility of the winner. WFLX is not responsible for incidental expenses, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Fox 29 WFLX TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from Fox 29 WFLX TV if Fox 29 WFLX TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration by winner. Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, winner acknowledges that Fox 29 WFLX TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Fox 29 WFLX TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Fox 29 WFLX TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) may substitute a prize of equal value. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion.
10. Winner. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Fox 29 WFLX 1100 Banyan Blvd. West Palm Beach Florida 33401 5/6/14 to 5/20/14.
1100 Banyan Blvd.