Not only is the temperature rising, the bbq grills are getting ready and Chefs are creating secret recipes as preparations for the Boca Burger Battle, A Grilling Affair! returns again for the third year on Saturday, July 12th. This year we have 19 Battle Contendersfrom these south Florida cities; Boca Raton is featuring Morton's Steak House, Potions in Motion, Shake Shack, 4th Generation Market, Moonshine Molly's Country Saloon, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boca Burger House, Red's Backwoods BBQ, 13 American Table and Cuthill's Bar & Grill; Deerfield Beach is featuring Burger Craze and Tucker Duke's Lunchbox; Delray Beach is featuring Salt 7; Fort Lauderdale is featuring Bite Gastrotruck; Lake Worth is featuring Benny's On The Beach and Moran's Italian Bistro & Brick Oven; Oakland Park is featuring Green Spot Kitchen; andPompano Beach is featuring McCoy's Restaurant. Each hand-picked chef will create their grilling masterpieces and present them to a prestige table of Grill Master Judges which includes a few well known "burger conneseuirs" like Jamie Frankel from Burgers by the Beach, and Internationally acclaimed Celebrity Chef Ron Duprat, best know as one of the top competitors on Bravo TV's "Top Chef". The Grill Master Judges will judge each contenders burger and will award the winning the titles ofBest Grill Master and Best Alternative Grill Master while the guests get to vote with their wooden chip where the "Peoples Choice" will determine the champion and hold the title as the Best Boca Burger. Defending 2013 champions Bite Gastrotruck, will be back to defend their 2013 Champion for Judges pick for "Best Grill Master" and Morton's Steak House, will be back to defend their 2013 Peoples Choice for "Best Boca Burger". The sizzling summer festival is held in Sanborn Square Park located in downtown Boca Raton near Palmetto Park Road and Federal Highway.
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
Boca Burger Battle
Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WFLX LLC, 1100 Banyan Blvd. West Palm Beach, FL 33401. The promotion begins at 7/1/14 at 3 pm and ends at 7/10/14 at 3 pm. Entries must be received by 7/10/14 at 3 PM EST. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
1. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Florida who live in PALM BEACH, MARTIN, ST. LUCIE, INDIAN RIVER, OKEECHOBEE, BROWARD, MIAMI-DADE OR MONROE COUNTIES, Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., Fox 29 WFLX TV, Retirement Systems of Alabama and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
2. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion, beginning 7/1/14 and ending 7/13/14, text "Peggy" to 29000 to enter to win. On or about 7/10/14, three winners will be randomly selected from all entries to receive two general admission tickets to Boca Burger Battle. All entries become the property of sponsor(s), and sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
3. Grand Prize. Three winners will recieve two tickets to Boca Burger Battle. By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that Fox 29 WFLX-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that Fox 29 WFLX-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. Fox 29 WFLX-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
5. How the Prize is Awarded. Winners are randomly selected from all qualified entries on or about Thursday, 7/10/14. Winners are not eligible of redeeming prize if they have won a Fox 29 contest in the past 30 days. One winner per household. Winner must come to Fox 29 Lobby during normal business hours to pick up prize.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Valid driver's license, proof of social security number and valid age as required by law is required to claim the prize. The winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility before delivery of prize, or the prize will be forfeited. Winner must take possession of their prize within 30 days of winning, or prize will be forfeited. All federal, state and local income taxes are sole responsibility of the winner. WFLX is not responsible for incidental expenses, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Fox 29 WFLX TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from Fox 29 WFLX TV if Fox 29 WFLX TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration by winner. Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, winner acknowledges that Fox 29 WFLX TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Fox 29 WFLX TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Fox 29 WFLX TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) may substitute a prize of equal value. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion.
10. Winner. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Fox 29 WFLX 1100 Banyan Blvd. West Palm Beach Florida 33401 7/14/14 to 7/24/14.
Register to win two tickets to the Boca Burger Battle Saturday, July 12 at Sanborn Square Park.
1100 Banyan Blvd.