Ohio teen dies from caffeine overdose - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, Florida-

Ohio teen dies from caffeine overdose

Posted:

LAGRANGE, OH (WFLX) - Health care professionals are urging caution after an Ohio teenager died from a caffeine overdose. The high school senior's death perplexed the county's coroner until toxicology results showed he had too much caffeine in his system.

The coroner says the teen used caffeine powder. It's unclear how much he ingested, but it was enough to cause seizures and an abnormal heartbeat.

Powdered caffeine is not sold in stores but can be bought over the Internet.

Copyright 2014 WFLX. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1100 Banyan Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

FCC Public File
publicfile@wflx.com
561-845-2929
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WFLX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.