DELRAY BEACH, FL (WFLX) - A recent sleep study found that more people are getting less quality sleep than years ago, and it's causing some major health problems.
A sleep expert at Delray Medical Center found many people these days on sleep for about four hours uninterrupted. Also, only one in five adults don't sleep with an mobile device, like a phone or tablet, within reach.
Here are five things you can start doing that will give you better rest:
* Keep devices out of reach while sleeping
* Don't watch TV before bed
* Keep power naps during the day to 20 minutes
* Don't' drink alcohol before bed
* Keep your bedroom room cool, quiet, and use your bed only for sleep.
Also, you should go to bed at the same time each night. It will help train your body to get into a regular cycle.
Sleep experts say if you don't start getting at least six hours of uninterrupted sleep, you can start gaining weight, have high blood pressure or getting depressed.