PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. - Customers come for the macaroni, but they may be getting a little extra at Romanos Macaroni Grill (2004 NW Executive Center) in Boca Raton.
An inspector found mold near the hand wash sink, black debris soiling the wall, and encrusted material on the can opener blade and in the microwave.There was also a bad odor throughout the restaurant according to the inspection report as well as standing water in spots.
Food was also thrown away because it was potentially hazardous and not the right temperature.
An inspector also found a variety of pests like ants, flying insects, and rodent droppings.
When we went in to get answers on the 48 violations, the manager would only say the restaurant is in compliance.
He gave us his boss's number, but no response there either.
Subway is known for its fresh sandwiches, but an inspector found a dirty pest -- roaches. They were spotted in the Subway (206 N Clematis Street) in the Clematis Street newsstand.
"I am so sorry. I never serve anything like that to my customer ever because we are very neat and clean," explained the co-owner Rony.
Rony said it's not just his issue. He showed us a picture of a dead roach he says near the coffee area.
An inspector said they were in the soda counter at Subway.
"They were running around. They were coming on my side because this is not a blocked store. It is an open store. The door is open all the time. I can't help it. I'll take care of that," Rony said.
Click here to see what inspectors found inside your favorite kitchen . Database provided by our news partners at the TC Palm.