WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Following a shooting at a Halloween event in Fort Myers earlier this month, extra security measures are being put in place for West Palm Beach's Moonfest event Saturday night.
People who attend should be aware that if you bring a fake weapon, like a machete or sword, it will be marked with orange paint, denoting that it is fake.
No backpacks or large bags will be allowed at the event, and security may check handbags.
Private security and local police will be on hand to provide safety to Halloween revelers.
Drivers should be aware of road closures Saturday in downtown West Palm Beach for the annual Halloween event.
The party will occur from the 100 to the 500 blocks of Clematis Street from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Street closures include:
- 300, 400 and 500 Blocks of Clematis Street, Quadrille Boulevard between Datura Street and Banyan Boulevard starting at 10 a.m.
- 200 block of Clematis Street, Dixie Avenue between Datura Street and Banyan Boulevard starting at noon
- Olive Avenue between Datura Street and Banyan Boulevard at noon
- Narcissus Avenue between Datura Street and Banyan Bouelvard at noon
- 100 block of Clematis Street at noon
- Lantana Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and North Clematis Street starting at 2 p.m.
An estimated 20,000 to 25,000 people are expected to attend Moonfest.