With an energetic one-year-old, mom and beauty blogger at 'eyeneedglamour.com' Joanie Cox barely has time to catch her breath let alone spend several hours and hundreds of dollars at a beauty supply store.
"I can't roam the isles anymore at the makeup store like I used," said Cox. "That money, now, I would rather put it towards an experience rather than a product."
Cox now finds other products from other places like her kitchen.
"I'm all about getting the most bang for my buck," she said. "There are items you probably already have that can double as beauty products saving you hundreds of dollars a year."
Here are three items you can probably find in your house right now that Cox recommends adding to your beauty regimen:
- Place it under your eye to make a guideline to create a cat eye
- When loose eye shadow falls under your eye, instead of smearing it, dab it with the tape to pick it right off.
2. Coconut oil
- Keep it near your sink and use it as a moisturizer on your hands
- Dab some on your cheekbones to get the same iridescent shimmer a highlighter gives
3. Soda water and salt
- Mix soda with a tablespoon of salt in a spray bottle and spray it in the root to create beach waves and get lift.