Three agencies responded to a large house fire Thursday morning at 4800 Square Lake Drive near Palm Beach Gardens.
Chopper 5 flew over the scene at 9:15 a.m. and large flames could be seen shooting through the roof along with a large amount of smoke.
Officials say one resident was inside and got out safely.
Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue said the fire was due to an improperly maintained fireplace.
"So the message here is as that as the weather gets colder and we are all pulling out those space heaters and we're turning on our fireplaces or lighting those, it's very important that those be not only be maintained but space heaters are maintained and used the way the manufacturers intended them to be. Make sure they are, you know, far enough away from combustible materials," said Palm Beach Gardens Deputy Chief Keith Bryer.