WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - The Palm Beach County school district still needs more bus drivers to get your kids to school.
The school district is already looking for drivers for the 2016-2017 school year, and will hold a job fair on April 15.
With a new starting salary of $14 an hour and full benefits including retirement benefits, paid sick leave, and medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
The district says Palm Beach County school bus drivers will be among the highest paid in South Florida.
The job fair will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on April 15 at the Maintenance and Plant Operations office at 3300 Summit Blvd. in suburban West Palm Beach.
Qualified candidates will be given on-the-spot interviews, and some candidates will be offered jobs on the spot.
The school district said they also offer free Commercial Driving License (CDL) training for those who qualify.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be a safe, licensed driver for five years
• Have an excellent driving record
• Be able to obtain a commercial driver's license
• Pass the Florida Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination
• Pass the bus driver training course
• Pass the District's background check
• Communicate effectively in English
• Enjoy working with students
To learn more about the Transportation Services Job Fair or get more information about bus driver jobs with the District, call (561) 242-6515 or visit www.palmbeachschools.org .
For more information, please contact the Office of Communications at (561) 357-1114.