Florida teen surfer bitten twice by shark - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, FL-news & weather

Florida teen surfer bitten twice by shark

picture by WJXT-TV VIA CNN picture by WJXT-TV VIA CNN
  • Fox 29 Daily HeadlinesMore>>

'It breaks my heart': Laura Bush calls family separation at border 'cruel,' 'immoral'

Monday, June 18 2018 1:43 AM EDT2018-06-18 05:43:51 GMT
    Monday, June 18 2018 1:43 AM EDT2018-06-18 05:43:51 GMT
    Former first lady Laura Bush speaks Friday, June 23, 2017, during "Stand-To," a summit held by the George W. Bush Institute focused on veteran transition, in Washington. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)Former first lady Laura Bush speaks Friday, June 23, 2017, during "Stand-To," a summit held by the George W. Bush Institute focused on veteran transition, in Washington. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)

The former first lady called on “good people at all levels of government” to stop the practice.

More >>

More >>

Ex-chief, officers allegedly framed teen for burglaries in FL

Thursday, June 14 2018 1:46 PM EDT2018-06-14 17:46:03 GMT
    Thursday, June 14 2018 1:46 PM EDT2018-06-14 17:46:03 GMT
    Ex-law enforcement officials allegedly arrested a teen for a crime he didn't commit in order to keep a perfect record for burglary cases. (Source: Raycom Media, file)Ex-law enforcement officials allegedly arrested a teen for a crime he didn't commit in order to keep a perfect record for burglary cases. (Source: Raycom Media, file)

Biscayne Park Police Chief Raimundo Atesiano, as well as officers Charlie Dayoub and Raul Fernandez, were indicted by federal officials for "conspiracy to violate civil rights under color of law."

More >>

More >>

North American trio beats Morocco to host 2026 World Cup

Wednesday, June 13 2018 2:37 AM EDT2018-06-13 06:37:15 GMT
    Thursday, June 14 2018 11:42 AM EDT2018-06-14 15:42:47 GMT
    (AP Photo/Pavel Golovkin). FIFA President Gianni Infantino arrives at the FIFA congress on the eve of the opener of the 2018 soccer World Cup in Moscow, Russia, Wednesday, June 13, 2018. The congress in Moscow is set to choose the host or hosts for the...(AP Photo/Pavel Golovkin). FIFA President Gianni Infantino arrives at the FIFA congress on the eve of the opener of the 2018 soccer World Cup in Moscow, Russia, Wednesday, June 13, 2018. The congress in Moscow is set to choose the host or hosts for the...

FIFA is preparing to choose between Morocco and a joint North American bid to host the 2026 World Cup.

More >>

More >>

NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. - (WJXT/CNN) - A day on the waves is totally normal for 15-year-old Kelton Beardall, who's been surfing since he was four.

But fending off sharks is not part of his routine.

"I was going down the line surfing, and I was trying to do an air and I kicked out of the air in mid-air, and then I landed on the shark and it bit me once," Kelton said. "Then, two seconds later it bit me again; and the second, it was a lot worse. I mean, I landed on it, so it was probably kind of mad."

He thought the second bite took his entire foot until he was able to swim to safety.

"I caught a wave on my stomach, and I saw that I still had my foot, and I'm like yes!" Kelton said.

He was feeling well enough to snap video during his ambulance ride and walk into the hospital. He said he'll be ready to get back into the water in about a month or two.

Courtesy: WJXT-TV via CNN Newsource

Powered by Frankly

1100 Banyan Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.