A 9-year-old Clearwater girl who walked out of a house fire is scheduled for surgery Monday at a specialized burn unit in Cincinnati.
Relatives have said burns covered half Makeila Pressley's body, from head to waist.
Family members tried to rescue Makeila from the fire this weekend. Her uncle broke a window and sprayed the room with water from a hose.
Makeila was on fire, but miraculously walked out. Her mother pushed her to the ground to smother the blaze.
Relatives say that last night, Makeila was able to respond to questions and that doctors say she may be walking in a week.
Authorities say a cigarette left burning in a back bedroom started the fire.