Posted by Rachel Leigh email
ST LUCIE COUNTY, FL (WFLX) - Tuesday afternoon, Tim Mahoney is holding a news conference along with FEMA to address federal funding.
Officials in St. Lucie and Okeechobee Counties will meet with Tim Mahoney to talk about housing for future storms. It will be outside the St. Lucie County School District's main office - one of the hardest hit during Tropical Storm Fay.
Meanwhile, Fay's left free standing water that's a breeding ground for mosquito. Mosquito fogging is routine. The men and women are out checking the free-standing water. Mosquito control crews will be out fogging three to four areas for the next several days.
It's time for cleanup and construction to fix things after Tropical Storm Fay. Treasure Coast Builders Association members are warning residents about the sketchy contractors who use:
- High pressure to use their business
- Want to be paid up front or in full
- Do business only in cash.
- The contractor is insured
- Both sides have an understanding of the work that will take place.
- Read the written contracts
- Double-check with your county to see if you need a permit.
"If they are hesitant to let you know who they've done work for or who they've relied upon, that's something that is good. Be cautious if they decided they don't want to give you any," said TCBA immediate past president Jeff Dougherty.