Nonprofit Digital Vibez bus catches fire
A nonprofit organization that helps empower young lives in underserved communities to maintain a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle, needs a bit of empowering themselves. Digital Vibez Mission said Thursday morning a fire damaged its bus.
The fire department responded to the fire, but unfortunately parts of the bus was damaged by the fire and the equipment on the bus was damaged by water. The equipment is normally used in communities for kids to enjoy dance fitness, technology and the arts.
The bus is also used to deliver holiday gifts to children in the Glades and in other parts of Palm Beach County. Now the organization is hoping the community can help them spread some holiday cheer.
"We are hoping to turn to the community and ask for their help," said Community Relations Deborah Feinsinger. "We still need donations for gifts, we have our Jingle Jamz wrapping party on Saturday. We would love the community to come in and help us wrap."
Feinsinger is hoping people in the community will help with repairs.
"Maybe we will have some mechanics come and help us out if they have time on their hands," she said.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Monetary donations to help with bus repairs https://www.digitalvibez.org/donate/
- Donation of the use of a bus that could fit presents and up to 15 staff; normally a 40-foot bus.
- Purchase gifts from the Jingle Jamz Amazon Wish List and have them shipped directly to the nonprofit: https://amzn.to/3Vq9sNC
- OR drop off at either of the following locations Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Dec. 9.
526 Northwood Road, West Palm Beach 33407
2635 Old Okeechobee Road, West Palm Beach 33409
- Jingle Jamz Wrapping Party for volunteers on Dec. 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enjoy a fun and meaningful volunteer experience with festive music, hot cocoa bar and holiday cheer. Sign up here: https://bit.ly/3ui8EhU
Scripps Only Content 2022