Marlins vs. Giants Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
The San Francisco Giants (21-24) host the Miami Marlins (24-22) at 4:05 PM ET on Sunday, a game featuring two of the league's most consistent batters. Thairo Estrada has an average of .310 (seventh in league) for the Giants, while Luis Arraez ranks first at .387 for the Marlins.
The Giants will call on Alex Wood versus the Marlins and Jesus Luzardo (3-2).
Marlins vs. Giants Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-BA
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Venue: Oracle Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Wood - SF (0-0, 2.87 ERA) vs Luzardo - MIA (3-2, 3.16 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Marlins Injury Report|
|Giants vs Marlins Betting Trends & Stats|
|Giants vs Marlins Player Props|
|How to Watch Giants vs Marlins|
|Giants vs Marlins Odds|
|Giants vs Marlins Prediction|
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jesús Luzardo
- Luzardo (3-2) gets the starting nod for the Marlins in his 10th start of the season. He has a 3.16 ERA in 51 1/3 innings pitched, with 55 strikeouts.
- The left-hander last appeared on Tuesday against the Washington Nationals, when he tossed six innings, allowing one earned run while giving up five hits.
- During nine games this season, the 25-year-old has a 3.16 ERA and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .266 to his opponents.
- Luzardo is looking for his third straight quality start.
- Luzardo will aim to pitch five or more innings for his fifth straight start. He's averaging 5.7 innings per outing.
Jesús Luzardo vs. Giants
- The opposing Giants offense has a collective .240 batting average, and is 22nd in the league with 363 total hits and 21st in MLB action with 194 runs scored. They have the 13th-ranked slugging percentage (.408) and are sixth in all of MLB with 63 home runs.
- Luzardo has thrown 4 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs on six hits while striking out six against the Giants this season.
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Alex Wood
- The Giants' Wood (0-0) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Tuesday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in 4 2/3 innings against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 2.87 and 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .242 in five games this season.
Alex Wood vs. Marlins
- The Marlins have scored 159 runs this season, which ranks 28th in MLB. They have 379 hits, 15th in baseball, with 41 home runs (24th in the league).
- The Marlins have gone 1-for-7 with a double and an RBI in 2 1/3 innings this season against the left-hander.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.