Marlins vs. Braves Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
Luis Arraez brings a two-game homer streak into the Miami Marlins' (77-72) game versus the Atlanta Braves (96-52) at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday, at LoanDepot park.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Braves will send Charlie Morton (14-11) to the mound, while Jesus Luzardo (9-9) will take the ball for the Marlins.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Marlins vs. Braves Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 1:40 PM ET
- TV: BSFL
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Venue: LoanDepot park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Morton - ATL (14-11, 3.42 ERA) vs Luzardo - MIA (9-9, 3.99 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Marlins Injury Report|
|Braves vs Marlins Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Marlins Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Marlins|
|Braves vs Marlins Odds|
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jesús Luzardo
- Luzardo will aim to secure his 10th victory when he gets the start for the Marlins, his 30th of the season. He is 9-9 with a 3.99 ERA and 186 strikeouts in 160 1/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty's most recent appearance came on Monday against the Milwaukee Brewers, when he threw five innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up 10 hits.
- The 25-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.99, with 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings in 29 games this season. Opposing batters have a .250 batting average against him.
- Luzardo heads into the game with 15 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Luzardo will try to go five or more innings for his fifth straight start. He's averaging 5.5 frames per outing.
- He has made six appearances this season in which he did not surrender an earned run.
Jesús Luzardo vs. Braves
- He will face a Braves offense that ranks first in the league with 863 total runs scored while batting .275 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .503 slugging percentage (first in MLB play) and has hit a total of 287 home runs (first in the league).
- In 5 2/3 innings over one appearance against the Braves this season, Luzardo has a 4.76 ERA and a 1.765 WHIP while his opponents are batting .304.
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Charlie Morton
- The Braves' Morton (14-11) will make his 29th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday, when he gave up four earned runs and allowed six hits in six innings against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 39-year-old has pitched in 28 games this season with an ERA of 3.42, a 2.33 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.395.
- He has earned a quality start 12 times in 28 starts this season.
- Morton has started 28 games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings 24 times. He averages 5.6 innings per appearance.
- He has finished seven appearances without allowing an earned run in 28 chances this season.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 39-year-old's 3.42 ERA ranks 10th, 1.395 WHIP ranks 44th, and 10.1 K/9 ranks 10th.
Charlie Morton vs. Marlins
- The Marlins rank 26th in MLB with 613 runs scored this season. They have a .257 batting average this campaign with 153 home runs (23rd in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Marlins in two games, and they have gone 7-for-44 with a double, a home run and an RBI over 12 2/3 innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.